The course is targeted at researchers, postgraduate students and analysts who want the theoretical background and practical skills to analyse consumption survey data, e.g. from the Income and Expenditure Surveys or the Living Conditions Surveys.
- Consumption surveys and Engel curves,
- Engel curves and equivalence scales. Microeconomic theory of demand,
- Estimating Demand equations,
- Social influences on consumption
- Life-cycle considerations,
- Micro and macro issues
Prerequisites: Course Participants will be expected to have already acquired basic Stata skills.
Mode of Delivery: This course will be offered online.
Course Instructor: Prof Martin Wittenberg, Director, DataFirst
Course Fees: Cost of the course is R10 500.00. Partial scholarships are available to bona fide students and academics.
This is a joint SALDRU and DataFirst course. We reserve the right to postpone or cancel this course due to lack of demand.