Introduction to Data Analysis using Stata
The course is aimed at those who are new to Stata, as well as anyone who needs a basic Stata refresher. You will learn techniques for day-to-day use of Stata as well as be able to use Stata efficiently for basic analyses and graphics. This course is also designed for people who wish to attend other courses offered by DataFirst such as the “Complex Social Survey Data” course or the “Measuring Economic Welfare” one.
Draft Course Outline:
- The Stata menu system and environment,
- Opening datasets and getting descriptive statistics,
- Preserving the output from a session,
- Restricting commands to subsets of the data,
- Running commands in batches (do files),
- Simple graphs.
Dates: 26 to 28 July 2021 (3 full days)
Mode of Delivery: This course will be delivered online. Live meeting & practicals will take place using Zoom. All attendees should therefore have a free copy of Zoom downloaded and a reliable internet connection.
Course Instructors: Bruce McDougall
Course Fees: The cost of the course is R 3 500.00.
Closing Date: Apply online