Introduction to Stata
This course is designed for people who wish to attend the other courses in this programme, in particular, the "Complex Social Survey Data" course or the "Measuring Economic Welfare" one, and who need to brush up on their basic Stata skills. It will also be useful for anyone who needs a basic Stata refresher. This course is offered twice a year.
- The Stata menu system and environment,
- Opening datasets and getting descriptive statistics,
- Preserving the output from a session,
- Restricting commands to subsets of the data,
- Regression with data,
- Running commands in batches (do files),
- Simple graphs.
Dates: 16 to 18 January 2019
Venue: Teaching Lab, Economics Building, Middle Campus, University of Cape Town
Course Fees: The cost of the course is R 3 970.00. Partial scholarships are available to bona fide students and academics.
Closing Date: 10 October 2018. Apply online.