Introduction to Data Analysis using Stata
The course is aimed at those who are new to Stata, as well as anyone who needs a basic Stata refresher. You will learn techniques for day-to-day use of Stata as well as be able to use Stata efficiently for basic analyses and graphics. This course is also designed for people who wish to attend the other courses in this programme, in particular the “Complex Social Survey Data” course or the “Measuring Economic Welfare” one.
- The Stata menu system and environment,
- Opening datasets and getting descriptive statistics,
- Preserving the output from a session,
- Restricting commands to subsets of the data,
- Regression with data,
- Running commands in batches (do files),
- Simple graphs.
Dates: 15 to 17 January 2020
Venue: Teaching Lab, Economics Building, Middle Campus, University of Cape Town
Course Instructors: TBC
Course Fees: The cost of the course is R 4 200.00. Partial scholarships are available to bona fide students and academics.
Closing Date: Apply Online.