Introduction to Data Analysis using R
R is a free statistical programming language. It works well with data, making it a great language for anyone interested in analyzing data. In this course you will learn the fundamental programming concepts in R. You will learn how to organize, modify and clean data frames and how to create data visualizations.
- Familiarize with the RStudio interface,
- Basic R operations and functions,
- Summary statistics and data aggregation,
- Loading packages and importing external data,
- Introduction to data manipulation with packages - data.table and dplyr,
- Introduction to data visualization – base R and ggplot2,
- Simple linear regression functions.
Dates: 20 to 22 January 2020
Venue: Teaching Lab 2, Economics Building, Middle Campus, University of Cape Town
Course Instructors: Dr Takwanisa Machemedze
Course Fees: The cost of the course is R 4 200.00.
Closing Date: Apply online by 18 October 2019