Introduction to Data Analysis using R
This course is an introduction to the R Statistical language, a free open source environment for statistical computing and graphics. You will learn to perform basic data manipulation and descriptive analysis including graphics display. The course is intended for those who want to use R in their day-to-day work for importing external data, manipulating data, performing statistical data analysis and visualisations. No prior experience with R is required but experience handling data and basic knowledge of statistics may be advantageous.
- Familiarize with the RStudio interface,
- Basic R operations and functions,
- Summary statistics and data aggregation,
- Loading packages and importing external data,
- Introduction to data manipulation with packages - data.table and dplyr,
- Introduction to data visualization – base R and ggplot2,
- Simple linear regression functions.
Dates: 3 to 5 May 2021
Mode of Delivery: This course will be offered online
Course Instructors: Dr Takwanisa Machemedze
Course Fees: The cost of the course is R 3 500.00.
Closing Date: 20 April 2021 - Apply Online