DataFirst is involved in training and technical support for microdata management and usage in Africa. Training undertaken by the unit includes regular workshops on survey analysis to train African quantitative social scientists.
The unit also maintains the website for a web course on The Analysis of South African Household Survey Data which is a distance learning tool to advance regional quantitative analysis skills. The course is free and self-paced.
DataFirst works with the International Household Survey Network's OECD funded project, the Accelerated Data Program to provide tools and training for the management and dissemination of African census and survey microdata.
Post Graduate Diploma in Survey Data Analysis for Development
This diploma is intended to equip participants with the survey and data skills to contribute to the policy debates in South Africa and the world. Both the practical data skills as well as the theoretical understanding of the development and policy context will be emphasised.
The following courses will be offered either in person or online.
- Introduction to Data Analysis using Stata | 25 to 27 January 2023 | Apply online
- Understanding Complex Social Survey Data| 30 January to 3 February 2023 | Apply online
- Understanding Panel Survey Data | 6-10 February 2023 | Apply online
- Econometrics short course | Dates to be confirmed
- Dealing with missing data in household surveys | Dates to be confirmed
- Measuring Consumption | Dates to be confirmed
- Measuring Economic Welfare | To be confirmed
- Understanding the South African Labour Market | Dates to be confirmed
- Introduction to Data Analysis using R | Dates to be confirmed
- Analysing Spatial Data using R | Dates to be confirmed
Subscribe to our short courses mailing list.
By subscribing to our mailing list you will always stay up to date with our latest courses. We will never resell or repurpose your address.