Part-time Data Analysts
Closing date: 15 October 2021
We require a part-time Data Analyst to work for our Data Service. The incumbent will prepare data for reuse and create useful descriptions of the data (metadata) to post online with the data. They will also source and cite research publications that are based on the data we share. We are looking for applicants with a talent for quickly learning new tasks and who show attention to detail. They must also have strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Honour’s Degree in Economics or Statistics or any cognate discipline
- A high degree of competence in the statistical software programme Stata
- Experience in working with Access databases would be beneficial
- Good Excel skills
- Competence in converting data from administrative formats, e.g. csv files, to data analysis software formats
- Skills in working with quantitative projects
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organise, and analyse data
- Experience using DDI compliant data management tools including the NESSTAR Metadata management software and National Data Archive (NADA) data dissemination platform would be advantageous.
- Data quality checking
- Data anonymisation
- File conversion and file versioning
- Metadata creation
- Citation management
This is a part-time position only open to registered UCT students. UCT’s remuneration rates apply according to the applicant’s degree/qualification.
- Cover letter,
- Curriculum Vitae (CV), and
- Any other relevant documentation.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates will be required to do a Stata competency-based evaluation.
The closing date is 15 October 2021.
UCT is a designated employer and is committed to the pursuit of excellence, diversity, and redress in achieving its equity targets in accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets. Preference will be given to candidates from the under-represented designated groups. Our Employment Equity Policy is available at www.hr.uct.ac.za/hr/policies/employ_equity
DataFirst reserves the right not to appoint.